Old Main Society
The Old Main Society recognizes donors who have made provisions for Wayne State University as a part of their estate plans. Members of the Old Main Society stand among the university's most generous supporters. With their commitment, they provide for the future of Wayne State University, helping to support its highest aspirations for opportunity and excellence.
As part of the Old Main Society, members are invited to financial and estate-planning presentations, receive donor publications and are honored at the annual Old Main Society Brunch.
If you have included the university, its colleges, schools, programs or scholarships in your estate plans, please let us know so that we can recognize your intention appropriately. The university will ensure that the gift you have planned can be used as you request and will ask you to consider listing your name with the Old Main Society members who have planned for the university's future. Only your name is listed, without any reference to your plans. You may be listed as anonymous if you prefer.
To join the Old Main Society:
- Create a bequest through your will or trust naming the university as beneficiary.
- Establish a Life Income Gift Plan that pays you (and/or another whom you name) an income during your lifetime(s) and then benefits Wayne State.
- Donate a life insurance policy that eventually benefits Wayne State.
- Name Wayne State University as remainder beneficiary of your retirement assets or other account.
- Fund a Charitable Lead Trust to provide income to Wayne State for a specific period of time and a transfer of the property to your heirs afterward with less estate tax.
- Contribute real estate while retaining a life estate.
Wayne State University invites you to explore these options and discuss the benefits for you and your loved ones.